Raw Spicy Secret Sauce
One of the challenges for me, while on a raw food diet, is the lack of mayonnaise. I know…gross! (I still have few unhealthy food vices that I reach for.) I needed something creamy to add to my tacos, salads & wraps. The Spicy Secret Sauce has been the perfect solution. Here is my version of it.
Spicy Secret Sauce by Susan Gouveia
- 1/3 cup of raw cashews, soaked for 8-12 hours & drained.
- 1 medium tomato
- 1/2 mild red pepper, chopped
- 1 Serrano, Cayenne or Jalapeno pepper (adjust to your level of spiciness)
- 2 Tbsp of chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp of liquid aminos
- 1 Tbsp of flax seed to thicken
- water or vegetable juice may be needed to get right consistency.
Blend all ingredients in a food processor until creamy. Adjust spices. Have fun with this and let me know how you incorporate into your raw menu.