Bernie and Christopher are a great team in the garden. They live in Smartsville, CA. Elevation 200. Their creativity and handiness are essential for creating a sustainable property. Christopher & I joke about “not wanting to water anything that does not produce food, attract bees or somehow contribute to the household”. Low water & edible landscape is crucial! Other points of interest on the property include their “reuse & recycling” projects. Check out their garden bench, fence post bases & garden art. My favorite find was their yellow plum tree. See what we created with them! A few of their tips & ideas:
- Cut PVC pipes at an angle and insert into ground for deep watering of fruit trees
- Recycle & re-use when you can! See photos of their creative projects.
- Team up! Having a partner in the garden is a HUGE asset!
- Add goldfish to your water tanks/containers. This will minimize mosquitoes.
- Diatomaceous Earth is one of their organic weapons against earwigs and pests.
- What new ideas are you trying out in your garden this year? We would love your comments!